Our lenses provide maximum protection for your eyes by blocking harmful UV rays. Unlike lenses with a UV coating, ours are built with the technology inside the lens itself, ensuring consistent protection over time.
Our polarized lens technology allows for maximum visual clarity by eliminating harmful and distracting glare. By utilizing the latest in film technology and fusing the polarization film within the lens, our polarization will never wear off like lenses with an exterior coating.
Gatorz Inferno™ lens series features state of the art photochromic fusion technology that results in superior transitional performance. Unlike traditional photochromic lenses which utilize an exterior coating, our encapsulated photochromic dye is protected from the elements and thus the lifespan of our photochromic lenses is greatly improved. When used indoors, the Inferno™ lenses provide crystal clear vision and superior optics. When exposed to sunlight, the tint of the lens will automatically darken, reducing light transmission and providing the user with all encompassing sun protection suitable for any kind of activity.
Important information on Gatorz Inferno™ lenses:
- Inferno™ lenses need direct UV light in order to transitions from clear to dark. The lenses will not darken when inside of a vehicle, covered by a hat or helmet, or under heavy cloud cover or shade of any kind.
- Activation Process: Inferno™ lenses will need to be worn for approximately one week in order to achieve optimal performance. These lenses do tend to work better under cooler temperatures. You may try putting your glasses in the freezer for 10-15 minutes in order to speed up the initial activation (or break-in) process, but DO NOT adjust your eyewear until the frame has returned to room temperature.
- Lenses will take approximately 30-45 seconds to transition to dark.
- Lenses will take approximately 45-60 seconds to transition back to clear.
- Lifespan: Because transitional coating uses a chemical reaction, the Inferno™ lenses have a lifespan of approximately 2-3 years.
Standard Impact Resistance
Unlike traditional sunglass lenses, Gatorz are made from high quality, ballistic grade polycarbonate, which gives them unparalleled resistance. Our glasses exceed global impact resistance standards.
Our ANSI Z87+ line meets and exceeds US safety ballistic standards, giving you the ultimate protection against impact, while providing you with the durability, comfort, and adjustability you’re familiar with. Our ANSI rated products can withstand impact from projectiles at speeds of up to 250 feet per second.